Saturday, March 10, 2007

Wow, can I go to sleep now?

Well, I wanted to blog and let those of you who have no idea know what is going on in my life. I can sum it up in one simple word. Musical. My school is doing Oklahoma this year. It has been a lot of fun but it has definitely been stressful.

This was opening night, and it went really well, but let me tell you what led up to it.

This morning we received a call that my good friend Chris had the stomach flu really bad. In case you don't know, Chris is in the musical. When I got to school there were quite a few kids worried about him. The director had one of the other guys in the show start to learn the part. I went on my way and delivered announcements like I normally do. I forgot that it was Friday, and on Friday we have mass, and that I was supposed to do the first reading. Whoops. One of the teachers covered for me, and it worked out. During mass though, the director of the musical took me aside and told me that I needed to go ahead and learn all of the music for the lead part.

The kid who plays Curly in the show walked into school this morning, and he could barely talk let alone sing. He was immediately sent home, and I had to go ahead and learn all of his music. There was a whole group of kids including myself who just skipped half of our classes today to learn stuff for the musical. Not only did they have to replace Chris's acting part, but also his singing and dancing.

Needless to say, everyone was rather stressed. After 6th period I had learned as much as I could of all the music. I was exhausted, so I went home and slept for the rest of the school day.

When I got to the school at 5:30 for practice, we had another problem. One of the boys in the chorus was throwing up in the bathroom, can this day get any better? I had everything worked out in case the lead needed me to sing for him. We took care of the kid who was throwing up and I got his solo.

When the time came to start the show we were all rather stressed, but as soon as we got on stage things started to flow. I can't say that everything went off without a hitch, but it went very well. I ended up not having to sing for the lead after all, he made it through the entire show. It all worked out, and we did end up having fun.

We really missed Chris, but it looks like he should be able to make it to the Saturday Performance.

I suppose that is all for now. Also, thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, it was a happy birthday for sure.


Alicia said...

wow seems crazy.. It's good that the kid made it through the whole play.. I hope the rest of your performances go well..

Exquisite said...

Wow you're truly amazing. I don't think I could have worked under all that stress. I hope the saturday preformance goes well and I can't wait to see it Sunday!

Phantom said...

Wow, you really were faced with some tough circumstances, so I'm glad to hear that everything still turned out OK. Good luck and don't get too stressed out. I'll be there Sunday unless something terribly drastic happens (hopefully it won't).


AmericasNextFreak said...

Hey, wow! Talk about stress! Kinda makes you thankful we don't face it alone? ^^

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!